Posts Tagged ‘building designer’

Building Permit for a Deck

Monday, July 7th, 2014

Tranquility Deck

A Building Permit must be granted prior to the commencement of any building works unless the work is exempt under Part 18 and Schedule 8 of the Building Regulations 2006.

To confirm if the building works you propose to carry out require a building permit, you should contact our building design department for a overview of the project and permits requirements.


Our building designer team will assess the overall project, along with doing a desktop research on your property and its localisation effects on the proposal.

Our building design team will also help with design options to reduce overall costings or  design issues you may have.

Our building design team can be contact via email at


Building In A Bushfire Prone Area

Sunday, April 6th, 2014

Are you building in a bushfire prone area?

Building in a bushfire area requires careful town planning, siting and design. Buildings
must be designed and constructed to minimise the risk of ignition from a bushfire.
Following the recent bushfires in Victoria there are new regulations which involves
the site to have an assessment done which is called a BAL which is a Building Attack
Level which will assess the buildings in terms of construction requirements. The
BAL is used as part of the Building Permit application.
The BAL must be assessed by a Qualified Building Practioner which Fast Track Plans
& Permits Pty Ltd is and is another part of our service. The BAL includes a site plan
and other information such as a report to identify vegetation, slope direction of the
site, access and access to water supplies.
It is our responsibility as the designer to incorporate the appropriate construction
requirements in the house design and work with our Melbourne Building Surveyor to ensure you
obtain your Building Permit.
We charge a flat fee of $300 for a BAL and can have it completed in one day to
ensure you can obtain your building permit.
Call our building design department today to get assistance with your.

What you should know when building a wall on a boundary

Tuesday, April 1st, 2014

Fast Track Plans and Permits is encouraging anyone planning to build on the boundary of a property to make sure they accurately identify the title boundary line to avoid encroaching on an adjacent property.

any encroachment may be considered a trespass of land.

“Encroachment could result in the adjacent land owner taking the property owner to court to seek to have the encroachment removed

There appears to be some confusion around this matter, with some people thinking that Section 272 of the
Property Law Act 1958 allows for a 50mm or 1/500 tolerance (depending on the boundary length) for buildings to encroach over the title boundary.

This legislation is aimed at limiting minor boundary discrepancy claims related to the sale of land, and only provides for a margin of error for dimensions appearing on title documentation, such as a plan of subdivision.
It does not allow for a margin of error for site boundary dimensions determined from ‘on-ground’ measurements.

“Given the potential outcomes of an encroachment over the title boundary, we recommends getting a your local builder, designer to engage a licensed land surveyor to carry out a re-establishment survey before beginning any building work on the
boundary. Note that only a licensed land surveyor can supply a re-establishment survey, so ensure that they are licensed.

When Do I Need A Planning Permit?

Friday, March 28th, 2014

While building permits generally relate to the construction of a building or development, planning permits relate to the zoning of the land, including whether the land can be used for residential or commercial developments. Not all projects need a planning permit.

Planning permits are legal documents giving permission for a land use or development, and may be required for all building work. If a planning permit is required, it must be issued before the building permit can be issued. A planning permit does not remove the need to obtain a building permit. The building permit documentation lodged with the relevant building surveyor must be consistent with the planning permit approved documentation. Amendments made through the planning permit process will need to be mirrored in the building permit approved documentation.

Myth busting Architects vs Building Designer

Friday, May 21st, 2010

Some of you may not know what you can achieve the same results with a building designer instead of an architect.

 We service all type of client including those searching for architects melbourne